Thursday, November 8, 2007

Heroes

I believe a hero is someone who fights for a cause, such as freedom. For example, Martin Luther King Jr. fought for the freedom of many African Americans, he took action and stood up for them. The soldiers of World War II are another good example, they helped give Jewish people back their freedom in Germany, because they deserved much better than what was happening to them at the time. A hero is a person who can take action at moments like those and stand up for the people in need and do what is right. A hero isn't necessarily a man or woman with super powers, it can be anyone in this world. I think differently of a hero now than when I was younger. My first thought that came to my mind when I heard the word hero, was always Superman or Batman because I didn't understand any other meanings of hero. But now I know there are other heroes than Superman or Batman, because we have the power to be a hero just like them.

2 comments:

ntaranta6 said...

Your right a hero can be anyone not jsut batman or superman

tevans6 said...

Good job! Your like right on it. I thought when i was younger the same thing. I always thought a hero was like spiderman.